Please read with your child daily.
Ask them questions such as:
- Who is this story about?
- Where does the story happen?
- What is your favorite part of this story and why?
If reading nonfiction you can ask:
- What is this book about?
- What is one thing you learned?
- Do you like this book? Why or why not?
Children can also:
- Practice writing their letters
- Practice writing their numbers
- Read and write sight words (word lists under resources)
- Write sentences for their sight words
- Read phonics poems (link under resources)
Children can review their letters and letter sounds on http://www.starfall.com
Please click on resources for websites and other resources.
- High Frequency Words List D
- High Frequency Words List E
- High Frequency Words List F
- High Frequency Words List G
- Math Practice: First Grade Math Engage NY